We leave the EU on 31 December 2020 and this means that from January 2021, free movement will end, and the UK will introduce a points-based immigration system.
The new system will introduce job, salary and language requirements that may impact your ability to hire from the EU. However, this new system will enable UK employers to recruit many skilled workers from around the world. You can find out more about this points based system from the Direct Gov website by clicking here.
There is the new EU Settlement scheme which you can find more information about here and EU nationals living in the UK before December 2020 can apply.
EU nationals will have until 30 June 2021 to make an application for Pre- Settled or Settled Status.
What does “Settled Status” mean?
- An EU / EAA national has been living and working in the UK for over 5 years continuously
- Frank is French.
- He moved to the UK in 2004 and has not broken his residence in the UK.
- Frank has already accrued the 5 years needed for Settled Status and can make an application from within the UK.
What does “Pre – Settled Status” mean?
- An EU / EAA national who has been living and working in the UK for more than 2 years, but less than 5.
- Once they reach 5 years, they can apply for settled status.
- Jurgen is German.
- He arrived in the UK in March 2018.
- He can apply for Pre-settled Status.
- Jurgen could qualify for settled status at the 5 year point, if he does not break residence.
- He wants to take a 5 month assignment to Italy in 2019.
- As Jurgen will be overseas for under 6 months this will not break residence required for his settled status after 5 years. He can therefore apply for settled status in March 2023
If your workforce is going to reduce as as a result of these changes and you need our support moving forward, then please take a look at the following services that we can offer:
Talent Acquisition – Your permanent recruitment solution for those key roles within your business.
Temporary Staffing Solution – Work force planning to source immediately available temporary staff for your business.
To register a job with us you can call the office on 01723 313505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org